Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Highs and Lows

So I guess I'll do the lows first. My pain has been extremely bad and it doesn't seem like the new treatments I am trying are going to help my pain, it has helped my other symptoms of RSD like digestion but my pain is still at an 8 - 10 all day everyday. I am going to continue with the NRC treatments to see if it will start helping but I'm not very optimistic. I am having a lot harder time walking too, my knee just freezes up and burns insanely whenever I try to put weight on it so I've been using crutches at home and when I have to go out somewhere I walk as little as possible and sit whenever I can. Because of this I am looking into getting a service dog to help me. Ok, now on to the highs. So I've really been working hard on getting my school work done and I am happy to day that I am ready to graduate. I finished my last class and have signed the papers so I am officially a graduate:) It's a year early but I am so glad I am done. School work = stress and stress = more pain. I have also been sewing a lot and made a lot of things. Here's pictures of some things and I will post again soon with more.

This is me and a dress I made at a church event Dress a Girl Around the World. We made them out of pillowcases and t-shirts. This one is a pillowcase and bias tape made into a sundress. This was such an awesome experience, I made 2 dresses in 3 hours and I sat by the most lovely people. The women next to me, Linda, taught me how to use both elastic and bias tape, which I had never used before. She was so awesome:) The dresses we made are going to girls in Uganda with our pastor's wife and their son.

 These are of a puppy plushie that I made for my teacher. I gave it to her on my last day and she really liked it. She helped me so much this year when I couldn't make it in because of my pain and she is just such an awesome women overall. It was also exciting because I used new safety eyes and a safety nose that is more detailed like a real dog nose that I got from my new favorite store Hobby Lobby:) The fabric is super soft as well and has little poofed up bubbles. I had so much fun making it:)
Me with the puppy plushie:)
 This is a cactus in a parking lot that I was in. I love cactus, they are so beautiful, and I just had to snag a pic. Below is a close up of one of the flowers.
With lots of love and pain free hugs,
Taylor<3

1 comment: