Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hug Me Pillows

All of those who have RSD/CRPS know that there really is no relief to our daily excruciating pain. The only way I know how to live with my pain is to do things to keep my mind off of it. One of these things is sewing. I really enjoy it and love being able to create things. I decided that I want to share this with others who have RSD/CRPS. This is where I came up with Hug Me Pillows. They are 16 inch round pillows that are of my own design completely. Each one has a smile and a heart that says hug me. I have only made one so far but I have many ideas for more. I will post pictures of the pillow at the end. I chose these pillows, and the Hug Me, because at least for me when I'm in extreme pain sometimes you just need to hug/squeeze something. I actually went around Joann's craft store hugging pillows to see which one was the best for the purpose:) I chose the 16inch pillow but made my own because it didn't seem to have enough stuffing to squeeze. For all kids, and adults, with RSD/CRPS I will make one of these for them for free. I am currently doing this as a non-profit because I feel that I really need too. Because of that I am limited in what I can make and how many I can make and mail for free. If you want one and you do not have RSD/CRPS then I am selling them for $15. I would also accept donations from anyone who would like to help me out in giving these to people who are going through something as horrible as this disease and who just might need a smile. If you are interested or know someone who would like one please let me know. I would be happy to make them one. I can do them in lots of different colors. Currently I am working on one with three smiles, and one that looks like a ninja:)
With love,
Taylor


-"After the rain
You can look to the sky again
The clouds will give way
To the light of the sun
After the rain
You know that you've made it through
And you'll finally see the joy from the pain
After the rain"

        -song After the Rain

4 comments:

  1. Hello Taylor,
    My name is Taylor as well. I've had RSD off and on since I was in fith grade I am now a freshmen in high school.Im sorry to here you have RSD as well.I love the pillow idea they are adorible.I would love to buy one but I'm not sure how to get in contact with you about this. If you could coment back so I could contact you that would be greatly appreciated.
    hoping the best for you,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor:) I would love to make you a pillow. I can give you my email address if you would like to email me to tell me what kind of pillow you would like.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taylor!
    I found your blog off of your post on the rsdteens. I LOVE the pillow idea. Such a great way to help others and keep your mind off the pain.
    Keep up the great work. Sending Pain Free Hugs your way!
    -R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemary, thanks so much:) I hope you are doing well,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete