Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

"Dum spiro, spero"

Today has given me new hope. I had my tenth Calmare Treatment by Dr. Chalmers. I went in at a pain level of 4, which is pretty low for me to begin with, and went out at a 1 in most places and 2 in my worst ones. So far, four hours later, it has stayed at the low level, which is uber super exciting: ) I am continuing my treatments for the rest of this week in the hope that the low pain/pain free time will last longer. I am praying that it will do just that. I am also praying for some friends who are trying out the therapy on the east coast.  The title of this post is "Dum spiro, spero", it means "While I breath, I hope" I love that quote. This treatment has given me so much hope for a life without pain. I am so thankful for it and my doctor who is amazing. Here is a close-up picture of the electrode on my foot for those who are curious of what it looks like or are considering having the treatment. If anyone has a question about it please feel free to ask me. :)
















"I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there,
And I have asked a thousand ways,
That you would take my pain away,
You would take my pain away"
       - Song "Your Hands" by JJ Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment