Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Highs and Lows

I know I haven't posted in a while but I decided to see how I was doing a while after my last Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment. I am doing fairly well. I am still having daily pain and occasional flairs though. I am excited to say that my pain has at least gone from a daily level of 8-9 to a 5-6. I'll take anything I can get:) I've come to realize that even though this treatment, and possibly others in the future, can help me I will always have this disease and most likely always have the pain. Which sucks but in some way I feel that it has made me stronger. I am hoping to go back and get a few more treatments in the hope that I will get even better. The more treatments, the more time your brain has to be re-taught that you are not in pain. My doctor that performed the treatments says sometimes it can take up to two weeks to have the treatment take full effect. Your brain can take a while to make the changes. On another subject, I am very excited for the rest of this holiday season:) The only issue with this is that it is freezing, and raining at the moment, and cold makes my pain worse. Stupid cold. I'm having a problem with this because my RSD is in my foot and leg and this prevents me from wearing pants and socks so my toes are almost always ice cold. I mostly go around the house either wearing shorts short enough to not make my leg worse, or wide legged pajama pants so I can roll up the one side to shorts length and not make my left leg suffer. I find this immensely frustrating. Well, I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. And may your pain be as little as possible.


-"Heal me, O lord, and I shall be healed;
Save me, and I shall me saved,
For you are my praise"
                -Jeremiah 17:14

                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment